Friday, May 14, 2010

Chocolate Pound Cake


As promised, here is the recipe for the chocolate pound cake that I made. Be aware that it does have a strong cocoa taste which is different than a cake made with melted chocolate. It's not quite as rich and chocolatey. I think I would add some mini chocolate chips to the batter next time and maybe even ice with chocolate ganache. I was worried about having problems unmolding the cake so didn't add the chips but will try it when not being graded :)

I wanted a pink rose for my presentation, so iced with flat icing (powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk - mixed to pouring consistency and dyed pink.) My original presentation idea was to have mint leaves all around the base, but we never got our mint order! Next time, maybe.

Anyway, the cake was very moist and keeps well for atleast a couple days if wrapped tightly and refrigerated.

http://www.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Pound-Cake-III/detail.aspx

No comments: